Frequently Asked Questions….
1. What time does school start and end?
|Doors open for students
Students dismissed to classrooms
Dismissal Bell for Busses
After Care, Walkers and all other Programs
2. Is there an afterschool program my child may attend?
Yes, Glyndale Elementary supports the GAP program for Pre-K – 5th grade students. It begins at 2:30 p.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. The cost is $35.00 per week, with an initial $20.00 registration fee. A snack is provided as well as homework assistance. Your child rotates through a variety of activities to include: play time, computer time, homework, art activitiy, etc. Please see the school secretary to enroll your child, or click on the “forms” menu and download the application to complete and return to school. Your child may begin the day your enrollment and registration fee is accepted.
3. What documents do I need to enroll my student in school?
· Certified Birth Certificate
· Social Security Card
· Immunization Record on Form GA 3231
· Proof of Residence (phone bill, electric bill, signed lease agreement)
· Eye, Ear, and Dental Screening on GA Form 3300 on or after 8-9-2010
· Custody/Legal Documentation (If necessary)
All Kindergarten students must have all of the above documentation before they are placed in a class. Students in grades 1st – 5th must have proof of residency before enrolling and have 30 days after enrollment to provide the remaining supporting documents. If your child has out-of-state immunizations, you will need to take your records and obtain the above two forms via the Glynn County Health Department.
4. How much is breakfast and lunch?
Breakfast is free to all students. Lunch is $1.50, and, if you qualify based on income, your lunch may be reduced to $.30, or free. Please see the cafeteria manager to apply for free/reduced lunch.